Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Masters of the Universe (in skinny jeans)

I stumbled across these illustrations the other day and wanted to share them with you.
I love the concept behind these illustrations by Les Soleils. I mean how cool are they...?! she-ra, he-man, skeletor, man at arms & roboto all in skinny jeans. I can just imagine how funny it would be to see these guys animated in the original Masters of the Universe cartoon wearing this kind of stuff!
you can see Les Soleils entire Masters of the Universe photo set here on flicker



This is what Les Soleils wrote about this set of drawings -
"Alright, this is what I've been working on for the last months. I think it's the biggest project I've done so far. I got the idea last year after I did a drawing of Skeletor wearing a leather jacket that I named "Skeletor's a Punkrocka". I really liked the idea of having MotU-characters wearing normal clothes so I decided to draw a few more. Instead of turning them all into punks, I imagined them somewhere in the indie/hipster scene, as if they were in a fashion shoot for some magazine wearing clothes I like. Most of the things they wear are based on real clothes.
I've finished eight characters, but I plan to do twelve. They are handdrawn on A3 paper. I'd love to print them on fluorescent paper and hang them somewhere :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment